Winter Whitewater Challenge - Edmonton
AWA, ACPA, ASCK, APL and EWP are joining forces to bring an amazing youth opportunity to Edmonton January 21st & 22nd!
Saturday - Kinsmen Sport Centre - We will have clinics in the sports of Canoe Polo, Canoe Slalom & Freestyle. Following a late lunch we will have some mini scrimmages and fun relays.
- 2pm - Boat delivery (see access below)
- 3-5pm - Clinics
- 5-5:30 - Break (sandwich style food provided)
- 5:30 - 9pm - Clinics and Games
Sunday - West Edmonton Mall - We have three hours of wavepool fun!
- 8-11am - Surfing (3 groups - never surfed, surfed a little, learn some tricks)
Equipment provided as requested (in registration)
- If you can bring a boat/pdf/helmet from your club, that would be helpful.
- Slalom head-to-head will start on the ramp so half-slice/creek/river running boat is best
- Slalom skills can be done in any boat
- Polo boats provided
- Freestyle or river boat for wave pool
Warm clothes for in water and dry for on-land are recommended as the air can be chilly.
Personal Water bottles will help avoid plastic use
Coaches confirmed: Rhodri Howley (Polo guru), Chris Goss (Alberta Summer Games veteran coach), Mike Holroyd (former slalom Head Coach), Brandon Willms (Freestyle), & more!
Kinsmen Access - Door 16 - If you are bringing a boat, please aim for 2pm so we can get everything inside and get organized
WEM Access - Fire Exit C - (do not try to access through the main entrance)